Leave a comment
September 26, 2014 by multiracialsky
- How do we feel about walking into the neighborhood corner store/deli with an all White college-age staff and LOUD Black rap music playing that seems to feature the ‘n’ word? What is the significance in this moment that I pass for White? What if I had one of my Black children with me? What about all those times my multiracial children have gone down to this deli alone (together, but without an adult)?
- When you do a google search for ‘multiracial’ and ‘homeschool’ the first few things that come up are written by me. In 2007. People still aren’t writing about homeschooling/education from a multiracial perspective/through a multiracial lens.
- Why am I google searching multiracial homeschooling? Unfortunately, the school/teacher situation for one of my kids is already falling apart this year, and we are going to have to make a change. After two years off, we are putting all our education options back on the table.
- Childhood trauma sucks. Parenting kids who have suffered years of trauma also sucks. But somebody’s got to do it. We need more of those somebodies in this world.
- We also need less trauma. Any ideas?