October 23, 2007 by multiracialsky
- An important and insightful article about the ethics of international adoption, written by a mother with a daughter adopted from Guatemala: Did I Steal My Daughter? The Tribulations of Global Adoption.
- A new blog about parenting biracial children written by a White mom to a Black-White biracial daughter (through birth).
- Over at Harlow’s Monkey: a post about ethical adoptions and transracially adopting parents.
- Old news, but still worth considering the implications: Nobel Prize winner James Watson’s statements about race-related intelligence.
- A question from Liana (Black mom, married to White dad, adoptive parents to Black-White biracial daughter) about hidden meaning in people’s comments regarding family resemblance.
- An article addressing transracial (specifically Black-White) adoption, ending with with some great suggestions for pre-adoptive parents: It’s About Love, Not Race.
- From Racialicious: commentary and a collection of posts from International Blog Against Racism Week (IBARW)–which somehow I missed back in August when it all happened.